Sunday, August 28, 2011

Finally...what is the project?

I finally have a bit of time to tell you all about the Paper Fox (working title).

I created the paper fox in my spare time last year and decided he would make a dashing character for a children's picture book. So earlier this year I sat down with my sister Amanda, a published fiction author, and started brainstorming.

Within a week Amanda had written a great first draft from our ideas. I started thinking about ways I could fund for this project so that I could really devote some time to bringing the book to life. A little research led me to the idea of crowdfunding and the company Pozible. They enable people to pledge money towards your project in return for rewards. It's a win win, where creative people can get some money for a project they want to get off the ground and people can not only support them, but get some cool stuff in the process.

At the moment I am getting everything in place to put my project onto Pozible and will keep you updated as to when it gets launched

I will be updating this blog weekly so please check back for updates, or better yet you can follow me on facebook.

Cheers Jez